Wednesday 10 April 2013

An evening stroll

For the first time this year, we managed to fit in a stroll after work  Hurray!!!  It was light enough and WARM enough!!!  I was beginning to think that Spring was never going to arrive.  We took ourselves off to Cannon Hall at Cawthorne near Barnsley.

 Everything was closed, but the parkland was open to walk around.



 Whilst it was warm, it was a bit dull and the day looked absolutely colourless.  Not many flowers are out at the moment either, but we managed to find these lovely Crocus.
 I needed the loo.......
 but not this one!!

 We also had a walk through the lovely village.
 I loved the tree lined walk up to the church.


 I had never heard of Abel Hold, but Google is a marvellous tool.  It seems he was a great artist.
The weather girl is speaking much more my kind of language for the weekend - warmer!!  I can't wait to incorporate an evening stroll into many more of my working days.

13 comments:

HippieGirl said...

Lovely photos :D Nice to know you have warm weather there. We have warm weather here too! In fact, right now, I'm wearing shorts and flip flops!! YAY!!! I hope it stays warm, but does not get overbearingly hot. Because then, I would have a problem. Hot weather is murder on my asthma!!

Plain Jane said...

Those tree lined walkways are the best - they always make me feel as if I am on ceremony! Lovely pics - and yes, fingers crossed for warm evening walks - we deserve some! Jane x

Mary Ann Tate said...

That first picture looks like a painting:)

Lyn said...

Is Cannon hall where there is a farm I think we took the children from school there a few years ago?
Anyway it looks lovely and I don't recognise it at all!
xxx

Linda P said...

The photos are lovely. I like the details of the architectural stonework and the atmosphere and sense of the past even though it was a rather dull day. I enjoyed the walk. Thank you. Hope you manage some more walks soon. x

greenthumb said...

Such a lovely thing to do in the evening, you have must have a lovely area around you.

diane b said...

Thanks for the lovely stroll. The photos are great and look like they are out of a history book.

Mac n' Janet said...

I had never heard of him either so I followed your link and LOVED his paintings, even the dead birds, what brilliant colors.

elsy said...

cant say its been warm enough here yet for an evening stroll....nice pics

Rowan said...

I confess that the area around Barnsley is as a foreign country to me! I've heard of Cannon Hall though and like Lyn I connect it with a farm which might be worth visiting with grandchildren at some point. Hope your weather girl is right about it getting warmer!

Mrs. H said...

The walk behind the church at Cawthorne is one of my favourites, I love peeping over the hedge to nosey at the allotments!
Great pics of all the places I love
: )

Gilly said...

Those are really great photos, Diane. I loved the tree-lined walk to the church, and the first one looked really misty and mysterious!

Its great, isn't it, that its light enough to stroll round in the evenings now!

lazylol said...

Ian't it great to be out and about it the spring weather at last!