Monday 20 December 2010

Anniversary or Wedding Card idea

For my sisters wedding anniversary, I decided to make her card and gift tag, armed with a selection of very cheap and recycled bits and bobs. I bought an old wedding photograph at an antiques fair for 50p. I photographed this and printed it several copies of it. Using cold tea, I tinted some plain paper and white ribbon. Once the paper was dry, I printed out a few phrases, and cut these out too. I used some silver tissue paper for a backing. To get a neat "hand torn" look, use a fine paintbrush (I used a lip brush) and paint plain water where you need to tear. This makes it easier.



I used prit stick glue to glue the printed picture and the phrase onto the tissue, then when this was dry, I sewed a few beads and pearls on before gluing onto a plain white gift tag (which had also had the cold tea treatment).

I also glued a tag onto a card too.


I think that these would make nice wedding invites, especially if you used your parents or perhaps grandparents wedding photographs.


Many thanks to Carolyn for the inspiration.

15 comments:

topchelseagirl said...

Clever you, they look fantastic! I love their dresses.

The Girl said...

Oh these are beautiful! What an amazing idea. It's been such a long time since I stained something with a teabag!

Marie said...

They're beautiful, what a great idea :-)

Diane said...

Fantastic idea it looks amazing. Diane

Rebecca said...

What a lovely idea! They look fantastic x

cieldequimper said...

That's so creative and pretty!

Lyn said...

Lovely idea Diane, you are being very creative !
love
Lyn
xxxx

Vintage Tea Time said...

Great idea - and NOT Christmassy - hurrah! I might try something similar - got a daughter getting married next Spring. Thanks! Abby

John Going Gently said...

THESE are the best sort of pressies!
year I made allof my own christmas gifts for sixteen relatives......i had a blast

they were pissed off BIG STYLE!!!

noelle said...

beautiful!!

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Wow, this makes my mind spin with all the possibilities! Your work is beautiful.

diane b said...

You are so clever and imaginative. That is a great gift for an anniversary.

Lisa said...

Another clever crafty idea.
Lisa x

The Curious Cat said...

Really lovely idea...I need to get creative myself..this Christmas would have been nice but having just got back I think it would be too much to do! I'm sure she'll love it though! xxx

nago said...

Nice guide! thank you!/I love it ! Very creative ! That's actually really cool Thanks.
Wedding Gift Ideas